Salary: Up to £25,000 with additional earning potentials of up to £4,500
Work Location: Sheffield (Hybrid), with the following working pattern:
Monday and Tuesday – Office based
Wednesday and Thursday – Home based
Friday – Office based
Come and join the Littlefish team!
Some roles require applicants to be eligible for SC Clearance (Must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years).
Here at Littlefish, we look for people who can make a real difference and become a giant slayer. As the world around us continues to change, we look for people who grab that change with optimism and excitement. These are the passionate and high performing people who enjoy and thrive on thinking outside the box.
Our current employees are the giant slayers who have made Littlefish who we are today, and you will be the future employees who continue to add the drive, passion, and add to our skills and experience as we see Littlefish grow.
So, if this is ticking your boxes and you are excited at the thought of working with creative, passionate, energetic, friendly people- we would love to hear from you.
The role and what you’ll be getting up to on a day to day basis…
We are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Engineer to join our ever-growing Service Desk team on our exciting journey!
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, you will handle and resolve desktop, laptop, printer, application issues and basic network and server troubleshooting with administration. As a Service Desk Engineer you will be required to communicate effectively with the client and manage technical queries in line with Littlefish standards and customer-specific SLA’s.
As a Service Desk Engineer you will also be;
- Resolving 1st and 2nd line technical issues over the telephone, via email, or live chat, in a friendly and professional manner for Littlefish customers
- Prioritising, progressing and monitoring IT incidents and requests to ensure they are resolved within the agreed timescales
- Working on specific IT projects for customers as directed by the Service Management team
- Any other responsibilities at the line managers discretion
What can we offer you?…
- Through our one of a kind training programme, the Littlefish Academy, you can increase your earnings by £4,500. The Littlefish Academy is a structured learning and development program that gives you the opportunity to improve your technical ability, enhance the quality of service you provide to our customers and increase your earning potential.
- Referral bonus scheme of £1000 when you successfully refer a friend.
- 25 days annual leave plus public / bank holidays
- Healthcare cash plan. This will give you access to online GP appointments, 24/7 access to qualified counsellors and cash back against a range of general healthcare, i.e., Dental, Optical, Physio, plus much more!
- Online gamification platform with real time updates on performance against key targets which can be adjusted on a weekly basis and available to all engineers from day 1. This comes with weekly cash incentive prizes! You could earn a potential £700 per year!
- Casual dress policy
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming suites
- Pizza Fridays!
- Company social events
- Purchase and sale of annual leave scheme
- Much, much more!
Life at Littlefish!..
Our company values shape who we are as a business, what we stand for and how we work. Hiring people with our values at heart, is very important as we see Littlefish grow.
I am High Performing– I like to raise the bar, we look at creating opportunities to increase quality and improve efficiency, we strive for service excellence.
I am Passionate– We build team success and celebrate them together, I am enthusiastic and energetic, I care about the people I work with and we support one another.
I Have a Can-Do Attitude– I am not afraid to step outside my comfort zone, we are not afraid to challenge status quo, we get stuff done!
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today, and join us on this journey.
Here at Littlefish, we aim to be somewhere everyone can be themselves. We are committed to encouraging a diverse and inclusive community where everyone irrespective of who they are, or their background, can feel equal and supported.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. Please get in touch if you are concerned about any difficulties you may face during your recruitment process, so we adjust accordingly.
Part of our application process includes a set of ED&I (Equality, diversity and inclusion) questions. Please note, that each question has an option to select a ‘prefer not to say’).