Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking an Operations Engineer to provide effective technical and operational support to Littlefish contract customers. This will include monitoring backups, network and server infrastructure and reporting on system events, availability and capacity.
You will also be providing technical 1st line support for desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and basic network/server troubleshooting and administration.
Being able to communicate effectively with the customer and manage technical queries and events in line with Littlefish standards and customer specific SLA’s is key to the role.
Application Closing Date: 15th April 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor backups schedules, network and server infrastructure, triaging events and resolving subsequent incidents in lie with Littlefish standards and customer specific service level agreements.
- Reporting on systems availability and capacity.
- Escalation of issues to third parties, customer and internal on call teams following documented process in a timely manner.
- Provide 1st line technical support services to Littlefish contract customers, in line with personal skill sets. Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and other members of the team.
- To prioritize, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements.
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. desktop/laptop configuration for customers.
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity.
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with business and personal needs.
- Be able to demonstrate IT related problem solving skills
- IT infrastructure support and monitoring working across a range of up to date technologies including server infrastructure, backups, windows 10, Office 365, Apple.
- Professional Profile Pre-requisites include minimum of one years’ experience in a similar technical role.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent face to face, telephone and written communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours as and when the need arises to cover 24/7 shift patterns.
- Demonstrate collective responsibility and individual accountability, whilst taking ownership willingly.
- Operate well un-supervised.
- Prioritise tasks to achieve SLA’s.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Manage customer’s expectations effectively.
- Can explain highly complex technical issues in “lay-man’s” terms.
- Proficient fault finder and problem solver.
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more