Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking an Internal IT Manager to deliver new internal IT services and solutions whilst maintaining the existing IT platforms for the business, ensuring that both security and resiliency is in place.
As a rapidly growing and agile organisation the majority of our platforms are cloud based and therefore experience in managing cloud technologies is essential. Along with the management of the day to day platform duties, a significant portion of the role would be to also oversee the successful delivery of several projects to aid business growth and technological advancements.
The individual should have a strong IT infrastructure management background, possess excellent planning and project management skills, have experience of managing the acquisition of IT equipment and services from third parties and be able to demonstrate first class operational execution.
Application Closing Date: 1st November 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related matters including data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software
- Lead internal IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of internal systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define the IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal systems
- Technical and management escalation point for all internal platforms
- Align and maintain all infrastructure and assets with the requirements of Cyber Essentials Plus and security good practice
- Ownership of the internal technology roadmap and delivery against it to ensure that systems are fit for purpose and supportable.
Essential Experience and Key Skills
- 3 years’ experience as an IT manager managing a team of direct reports
- 5+ years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Experience of budgeting IT opex and capex
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Experience of managing the acquisition of IT equipment and services from third parties
- Demonstrable experience of delivering first class operational execution.
- Genuine interest to follow and evaluate new technologies that can bring operational enhancements to the business
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Understanding of cloud automation and orchestration technologies
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first – every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages – we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development – the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes – ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture – casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more