Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Professional Services Engineer to join our team to provide technical expertise across a range of customer projects, from Microsoft Azure and Office 365 migrations to Windows 10 and Intune transformations. You will deliver projects end-to-end, inclusive of design work, implementation, configuration, testing, documentation and fully supporting the process of acceptance in to service.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum two years of experience or more working within the IT Services Industry actively delivering Projects.
The role is based at Littlefish head office in Nottingham, however will require frequent travel to client locations to complete project requirements, therefore candidates must also have a full driving licence and willing to travel.
Application closing date: Friday 7th February 2020
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Client and Littlefish Project Management teams to scope out project activity
- Design and implement the agreed solutions
- Create accurate and detailed project documentation and test plan
- Liaise with internal Infrastructure team to complete the handover to support activity
- Strive to achieve and maintain certification in the primary technologies within defined area of expertise
- Participate in and champion Littlefish Development initiatives
As an experienced Professional Services Engineer working within the IT Services industry, you must have experience in:
- Planning and Documentation of technical solutions
- Implementation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting technical solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills to assist translation of complex technical subjects for sometimes non-technical audiences
- Conduct internal handovers into support upon project completion
The ideal candidate should have two years of experience or more working within the IT Services Industry.
- Experience of creating high quality technical documentation detailing configuration of work completed during project engagement
- Participation in project pre-sales activity and design work
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2012, 2016 and later)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Office365
- HPE and Dell Server Hardware
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security suite
- Microsoft SCCM and MDT
- Cisco Firewalls and Switches
- Mimecast Solutions
- Datto Backup & Recovery Solutions
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- CompTIA Security+ Certified Security Professional
- Mimecast Technical Specialist
- Datto Continuity Technical Specialist
- VMware VCP
- Cisco CCNA
- Must have full driving licence and willing to travel to client locations as required to complete project requirements
- May be required to travel on company business ad-hoc basis
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.