Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
About The Role
Littlefish are seeking a Security Engineer to assist our infrastructure team with the assessment and remediation of security vulnerabilities. This is a new role with scope for career progression as the cyber security practice within Littlefish is developed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of the output of penetration test reports to provide remediation plans aligned with security risk tolerance
- Coordination of penetration test remediation efforts
- Liaison with third party suppliers to resolve vulnerabilities
- Undertake vulnerability scanning
- Analysis of new and emerging threats and vulnerabilities
- Investigate and respond to security alerts
- Contribute to optimisation of toolsets to reduce false positives
- Develop and improve processes and security runbooks
- Assist in the transition of new clients into run for security services
Essential Experience and Skills Required
- Technical experience; Windows and Apple platforms, networking LANs and WANs, (switches and firewalls), Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Cloud (public, private and hybrid), virtualisation, backup and replication.
- Experience of working within a SOC environment
- Experience of vulnerability assessment reports
- Experience of investigating security alerts
- IT related problem solving
- Customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Self motivator and able to motivate others
- Diplomatic when faced with issues
- Shows initiative and a desire to grow the role
- Curious and tenacious
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience of undertaking penetration testing/ethical hacking
- Experience of running vulnerability scans
- Understanding of security risk processes
Desirable Education / Qualifications
- Relevant network engineering qualifications
- Relevant security qualifications, may include Comptia Security+, CISSP, OSCP, Cisco CyberOps, CEH
Other Job Requirements
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
- May be required to travel on company business ad-hoc basis
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, ‘pick & mix’, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Our Academy members receive a full license to access CBT Nuggets, the industry leading online IT training resource.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first – every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages – we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development – the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes – ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture – casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more