Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
About The Role
Littlefish is seeking an IT Service Analyst, the main purpose of the Service Analyst’s role is to take overall responsibility of, or act within, any of the service management processes, across ALL organisations in scope of the processes. This may include third party and client side resolver groups.
A Service Analyst has responsibility for:
- Driving the delivery, efficiency and effectiveness of all in scope service management processes including, but not limited to, incident management, request management, problem management, change management, service reporting etc.
- Producing and acting upon management information, including SLA performance KPIs and reports to continually improve service quality
- Monitoring the overall effectiveness of service management and making recommendations for improvement
- Developing and maintaining the service management processes where owned by Littlefish or providing input to client side process owners if applicable
- Reviewing and auditing the service management processes
- Ensuring that all IT teams follow the correct service management processes
- Acting as an escalation point for the client and in support to the Littlefish Service Delivery Manager
- Stay appraised of industry best practice and where applicable introduce as part of continuous improvement
- Acting as a deputy for the Service Delivery Manager
- Creation and maintenance of work instructions, knowledgebase articles and other operational documentation
- Creation of service performance reports and other customer facing documentation
Potential Career Paths:
- Process level (e.g. incident, request, problem change etc.) role for a major account or set of major accounts
- Service Delivery Management
- Service Account Management
- Other Team Lead / Management roles
- Providing an effective leadership and focal point for Littlefish service management activities to the customer
- Developing a relationship with the customer on a medium to long term basis
- Delivering against targets and outcomes, customer commitments and satisfaction measures
- Working effectively with the customer and internal delivery teams principally Service Delivery Manager, Service Desk Manager(s), Infrastructure & Operations Manager, Service Desk Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Service Management Office colleagues etc.
People Management (as required)
- Providing effective tactical and service management related advice, coaching and guidance to Service Desk Engineers, Service Management Office colleagues, Infrastructure Engineers, System Administrators etc.
- Ensuring effective resource management aligned to Service Management activities, influencing and identifying required resources within Operations and wherever possible forecasting ahead in a timely manner
Proven experience in Service Management – 3 + years, comprising of the following:
Incident management – Coordinates the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation. Identifies the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitors resolution activity and progress updates to customers. Understands key change management tools and processes.
Problem management – Understands and identifies problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. Is able to classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
Change management – Able to manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation. Able to request changes due to incidents or problems to provide effective control and reduction of risk to the security performance and availability. Ensures compliance of the business services impacted by the change. Understands policy, principles and approach. Applies understanding and knowledge in project or programme activities. Develops experience in the use of key change management tools and processes.
Availability and capacity management – Able to define, analyse, plan, forecast, measure, maintain and improve all aspects of the availability of services, including power. Controls and manages service availability to meet the needs of the business in a cost-effective manner, including managing the capability, functionality and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software, network resources and software / infrastructure as a service).
Continual service improvement – Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement. Drives the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies, thereby ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services. This includes recognising the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
Community collaboration – Contributes to the work of the community, building successful teams through understanding team styles and influencing as well as motivating team members. Gives and receives constructive feedback, facilitating the feedback loop. Facilitates conflict resolution within teams, ensures the team is transparent and that the work is understood externally. Able to help teams maintain a focus on delivery while being aware of the importance of professional development.
Ownership and initiative – Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
User focus- Understands users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engages in meaningful interactions and relationships with users. Puts users first and can manage competing priorities.
Service focus – Maintains focus on the whole life of service delivery – designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service
Understanding of service management framework – Has an in-depth Understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes, and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in service activities.
Asset and configuration management – Conducts the lifecycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties etc. This includes managing usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, sustainability, cost optimisation and protection of the asset portfolio. Helps to improve investment decisions and capitalise on opportunities. Complies with international standards for asset management. Documents information relating to the assets including identification, classification and specification of all items, and information related to storage, access, versions, etc. Can apply status accounting and auditing in line with relevant criteria.
Continuity management – Provides service continuity planning and support. This includes identification of information, systems which support critical business processes, the assessment of risks to those systems’ availability, integrity and confidentiality as well as the coordination of planning, designing, testing and maintenance procedures and contingency plans to address exposures and maintain agreed levels of continuity.
Broad technical understanding – This specific knowledge underpins an individual’s ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks for their role. This relates to the application of the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge. This also includes staying abreast of industry developments to make cost effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
Working At Littlefish – where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, ‘pick & mix’, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Our Academy members receive a full license to access CBT Nuggets, the industry leading online IT training resource.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more