Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking an experienced Team Leader to join our growing Service Desk team.
The role will be responsible for providing day to day management to one or more PODs of service desk engineers and working alongside service delivery managers to ensure that customer service levels are met and standard processes are followed.
Application closing date: 13th December 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct line manager for a team of up to 20 service desk engineers, providing feedback through 121s and formal reviews
- Mentoring and coaching the junior members of the team, acting as a hierarchical and technical escalation point
- Monitoring and managing the service desk engineer’s daily performance and productivity, assigning workload and tasks to meet customer demands
- Check and improve the quality of the service desk work, reviewing feedback and ticket information to improve the service offering
- Responsible for ticket management, monitoring breach status and open backlog, prioritising engineer effort and time to meet customer SLAs and KPIs
- Provide input and reporting for service desk resource forecasting and planning on a regular basis
- Lead from the front, occasionally undertaking service desk engineer duties to help meet customer demand
- Previous experience within a service desk or technical contact centre environment
- Prior management or team leader experience
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with CRM and Case Management software
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of Telephony platforms
- Understanding of Service Desk ITSM tools
- Understanding of Remote connect/control software
- ITIL Foundation V3/V4
Aptitudes and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Diplomatic when faced with issues
- Able to manage self and others during pressured situations
- Ability to read and understand management information/reporting
- Self motivator, and able to motivate others
- Able to manage expectations of multiple competing stakeholders
- Ability to produce and comment on management information/reporting
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more