Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Service Request Engineer in a brand-new role to join our rapidly growing Service Desk team. The role will be responsible for providing effective resolutions to Littlefish customers by resolving requests in a timely manner and providing administration support where required.
The Service Request Engineer will need to communicate effectively with the customer and manages technical queries in line with Littlefish standards and customer specific SLA’s.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to take their first step into 1st and 2nd line IT support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolving 1st and 2nd line technical issues over the telephone, via email, or live chat, in a friendly and professional manner for Littlefish customers
- Prioritising, progressing and monitoring IT requests to ensure they are resolved within the agreed timescales
- Working on specific IT projects for customers as directed by the Service Management team. EG Completing small customer projects, Involvement in larger projects, Onboarding new customers/transitions
- Building and maintaining the service desk knowledgebase
Essential Experience and Key Skills
- Prior experience in troubleshooting and supporting the following technologies – Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange 2010+, Active Directory, Windows Server, Enterprise Networking
- Familiarity with the following software and technologies – MS Office Suite, Antivirus technologies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own work to meet tight deadlines
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Previous experience within a 1st or 2nd line IT service desk or similar technical role
- Ability to troubleshooting and support the following technologies
- MAC OS, Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Powershell,
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Ability to communicate with and manage stakeholder expectations at senior level (VIP/Director/CEO etc)
- Microsoft MSCA or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation V3/V4
- Comptia A+ or equivalent
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more