Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
About The Role
Littlefish are seeking an IT Service Transition Manager to provide overall planning for service transitions and coordinate the resources that they require.
- Providing effective leadership for Littlefish service transitions to the customer
- Developing a relationship with the customer on a short to medium term basis
- Delivering against project milestones and outcomes, customer commitments and satisfaction measures
- Working effectively with the customer and internal delivery teams principally Service Account Manager, Service Desk Manager(s), Infrastructure & Operations Manager, Engineers
- Monitoring and improving levels of customer satisfaction on a project by project basis
People Management (as required):
- Providing effective tactical and project related advice, coaching and guidance to Field / On site staff, Service Desk agents, Service Management Office (ITIL), Infrastructure Engineers, System Administrators etc. with a focus on service design, implementation, configuration and operational acceptance into live services
- Ensuring effective resource management, influencing and identifying required resources within Operations and Professional Services and wherever possible forecasting ahead in a timely manner
- Managing and controlling contractual scope in relation to service deliverables and Littlefish compliance against the scope.
- Managing and delivering the Profit and Loss of the project to agreed targets (when applicable)
- Supporting the development of the service delivery strategy in collaboration with the Service Delivery Manager and other senior stakeholders
- Working across Operations to support the delivery of efficiencies in implementation methods, working closely with Operations management
- Supporting the new business process (as requested)
- Identifying and if necessary securing upsell opportunities
Delivery and Quality Control:
- Supporting the effective transition of the services into BAU adhering to Service Transition Process
- Ensuring all relevant project products are created and maintained such as PID, RAID, project plan, communications plan, lessons learned etc
- Attending quality and project reviews and ensuring that these happen in accordance Littlefish guidelines
- Reviewing and approving key Project Management documentation for customer engagement folders
- Developing and publicising Service Transition Management best practice processes, procedures, guidelines and templates for the Littlefish Management System
- Populating and maintaining the Client Engagement Register including open actions, risks, issues, dependencies etc.
- Creating a vision for the client
- Challenging the status quo to bring about improvements in Service Transition Management tools, processes and the organisation
Proven experience in Service Transition Management 3 + years, comprising of the following:
Change management – Able to manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation. Able to request changes due to incidents or problems to provide effective control and reduction of risk to the security performance and availability. Ensures compliance of the business services impacted by the change. Understands policy, principles and approach. Applies understanding and knowledge in project or programme activities. Develops experience in the use of key change management tools and processes.
Community collaboration – Contributes to the work of the community, building successful teams through understanding team styles and influencing as well as motivating team members. Gives and receives constructive feedback, facilitating the feedback loop. Facilitates conflict resolution within teams, ensures the team is transparent and that the work is understood externally. Able to help teams maintain a focus on delivery while being aware of the importance of professional development.
Incident management – Coordinates the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation. Identifies the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitors resolution activity and progress updates to customers. Understands key change management tools and processes.
Ownership and initiative – Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
Problem management – Understands and identifies problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. Is able to classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
User focus – Understands users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engages in meaningful interactions and relationships with users. Puts users first and can manage competing priorities.
Service focus – Maintains focus on the whole life of service delivery – designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service.
Understanding of service management framework – Has an in-depth Understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes, and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities.
Asset and configuration management – Conducts the lifecycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties etc. This includes managing usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, sustainability, cost optimisation and protection of the asset portfolio. Helps to improve investment decisions and capitalise on opportunities. Complies with international standards for asset management. Documents information relating to the assets including identification, classification and specification of all items, and information related to storage, access, versions, etc. Can apply status accounting and auditing in line with relevant criteria.
Availability and capacity management – Able to define, analyse, plan, forecast, measure, maintain and improve all aspects of the availability of services, including power. Controls and manages service availability to meet the needs of the business in a cost effective manner, including managing the capability, functionality and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software, network resources and software / infrastructure as a service).
Broad technical understanding – This specific knowledge underpins an individual’s ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks for their role. This relates to the application of the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge. This also includes staying abreast of industry developments to make cost effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
Continual service improvement – Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement. Drives the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies, thereby ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services. This includes recognising the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
Continuity management – Provides service continuity planning and support. This includes identification of information, systems which support critical business processes, the assessment of risks to those systems’ availability, integrity and confidentiality as well as the coordination of planning, designing, testing and maintenance procedures and contingency plans to address exposures and maintain agreed levels of continuity.
Working At Littlefish – where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, ‘pick & mix’, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Our Academy members receive a full license to access CBT Nuggets, the industry leading online IT training resource.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more