Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Junior Developer & Integration Specialist. Working as part of the Service Management Tooling and Development team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing development solutions and undertaking toolset integration projects both internally and externally for customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for solution design, implementation and documentation of development and integrations activities.
- Support customer transition activity for integration services into BAU
- Post and BAU support for development and integration solutions
- Work with third parties to integrate systems through REST/SOAP APIs
- Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job role, at the line managers direction.
- Mentor and develop fellow team members
- Littlefish are ISO9001 and ISO27001 certified it is expected that all employees adhere to the Quality Management and Information Security systems, policies and procedures.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong background in, and experience of working in tooling and/or development roles.
- Background in web application development and API development.
- Experience with source code repositories and version control.
- Proﬁcient working with relational SQL databases.
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML, C#, VB.NET and Python programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Regular Expressions (RegEx), file parsing and JSON
- Webservices knowledge REST/SOAP API programming.
- Customer Focus – The ability to support both internal and external customers to help them achieve their objectives.
- Problem Solving – The ability to gather relevant information, ascertain the root cause and form solutions.
- Decisiveness – The willingness to make decisions once a situation or problem has been analysed.
- Professional Knowledge – The ability and motivation to apply and develop one’s own professional and technical knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
- Communication – Excellent face to face, written and telephone communications skills. The ability to communicate to all levels of the business.
- Change Management/Adaptability – Maintain eﬀectiveness in changing business and technological environments.
- Business Awareness – Exhibits commercial awareness
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree level education or equivalent.
- Experience working with Service Management Toolsets (Ivanti/ServiceNow etc)
- Exposure to ITIL principles and framework.
- Powershell Scripting knowledge.
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, ‘pick & mix’, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Our Academy members receive a full license to access CBT Nuggets, the industry leading online IT training resource.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more