Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Knowledge Manager to join our IT Service Desk team.
In this new role, the Knowledge Manager will be responsible for the gathering, analysing, curating, storing and sharing of knowledge across the organisation.
The primary goal of the Knowledge Manager is to improve efficiency and effectiveness of resolver teams by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
Application Closing Date: 15th September 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns the knowledge management processes, ensuring adherence and application to latest best practice and alignment with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Promotes the awareness and adoption of the Knowledge Management processes across the business.
- Measures, monitors and reviews the execution of Knowledge Management, evaluating the performance and effectiveness of the process and acting upon management information, including SLA and KPI metrics.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline or expand the processes and manages resources and capacity to exploit these opportunities and implement improvements.
- Designs and deploys the methods and tools of Knowledge Management and maintains the tools and SKMS/KMDB/KEDB
- Ensures that processes are in place to capture data, information and knowledge and transform them into Knowledge content for use by the business.
- Accountable for the quality of Knowledge Content and its effectiveness when in use.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on Knowledge usage and knowledge management processes.
- Works alongside the Transition and Service management teams to ensure customer knowledge is captured in line with Littlefish Knowledge management processes and guidelines.
- Providing input into client-side Knowledge Management Processes where requested.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and training opportunities.
- Provides input into Service Management Processes (Incident Management, Major Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management etc)
- Proven track record in process level management (Incident, Problem, change etc).
- Experience in a Service Management and/or Technical Delivery roles.
- Prior experience in a knowledge management or knowledge process owner role.
- Experience in a Managed Services environment or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience creating and curating knowledge content in a KMDB or Knowledge Management tool.
- Understanding of knowledge management process and best practice
- Able to create documentation and training material to a high quality, communicating complex messages to a wide array of audiences.
- Able to gather and learn information and data and repurpose and share as knowledge and wisdom.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of best practice, industry standards and common challenges/pitfalls.
- Able to manage the creation and ongoing maintenance of KMDB platforms/tools.
- ITIL Foundation v3 (or equivalent)
- ITIL Foundation v4
- KCS v6
- KMI CKP/CKM
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more