Onsite Support Engineer – Stevenage
Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking an experienced Onsite IT Support Engineer to work out of a major client site in Stevenage with travel to other sites across the UK when required. This role will provide effective onsite technical support to Littlefish contract customers, for desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and installations as well as basic network/server troubleshooting and administration.
A key aspect of the role is to communicate effectively with the customer and manage technical queries in line with Littlefish standards and customer specific SLA’s.
This role will be predominantly based at the customer site in Stevenage and working as part of a shift pattern between the hours of 06:30 – 15:00 and 15:00 – 23:00 Monday – Friday. Weekend work maybe required in the future.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd line onsite and remote technical support services to Littlefish contract customers, in line with personal skill sets.
- Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Professional Services teams
- To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. projects, deployments, installs, moves, adds and changes
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with business and personal needs
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role. Be able to demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure support working across a range of up to data technologies including desktop/laptop/printer hardware, Office 365, Exchange, Windows 10, Active Directory, Apple OSX and iOS, deployment technologies SCCM/WSUS/Datto RMM, Sophos, Mimecast and Cisco Umbrella.
- Understanding of Networks, including topography
- An understanding of how to carry out patching in a server room/office
- Previous experience working with BIO technology and pharmaceutical laboratories
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with English and Maths GCSE grades A-C equivalent
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V3)
- Customer Service Qualification
- Any relevant Microsoft or Networking Certifications
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more