Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Senior Cyber Security Consultant to provide a security consulting capability to our customers, delivery of services leadership and pre-sales support within the Cyber Security team, primarily aligned to clients in the UK.
Application closing date: Friday 19th July 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and operational consultancy to customers as a virtual CISO.
- Undertake risk assessments and gap analysis against industry security standards (ISO27001, NIST, CIS top 20 controls) and provide practical risk remediation recommendations.
- Support customers in achieving their strategic security objectives.
- Coordinate activities across Littlefish teams in relation to security risks or incidents.
- Provide the lead in major service, projects and smaller stand-alone projects acting as a cyber security design authority.
- Ensure the appropriate delivery of cyber services to customers and that concrete methodologies are followed within agreed time frames.
- Contribute to the definition of new cyber security services including service schedules and commercial to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice, needs and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations.
- Identify additional business opportunities within the current client base.
- Attend client meetings and input to bids, proposals and presentations to existing and potential clients when required.
- Production of documentation as required and provide peer reviews of HLD, LLD and another project documentation.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide input to the design of secure technical solutions.
- Collaborate with service delivery managers, operational teams and senior stakeholders.
- Work with sales, solutions and operational functional heads to define and build out new capabilities.
- Mentoring and coaching of colleagues within and outside of the security team.
- Acting upon management information, including SLA performance KPIs and reports to continually improve service quality.
- Stay appraised of industry best practice and where applicable introduce as part of continuous improvement.
- Creation of service performance reports.
- Potential for line management (pay/rations, performance, coaching, training needs analysis, reviews etc)
- Deputise for Head of Cyber Security if required.
Essential Education / Qualifications
- Hold one or more of the following industry recognised qualifications; CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS GIAC, CRISC, ISO Lead Auditor or CEH.
Desirable Education / Qualifications
- Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
- Strong consulting background in taking customers through a cyber-security maturity journey.
- Business experience gained in Security Management and/or technical security position.
- Experience of working in UK Cyber Security environment e.g. to NCSC guidance, CAF etc
- A proven track record in process level (Incident, Request, Problem, Change, Knowledge etc.) management and service delivery management.
- Active within the Cyber Security Community, and able to demonstrate through recent presentations, publications, or other contributions.
- Experience of working across a range of customers and environments.
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders at C-Level gaining trust and confidence from customers.
- Provide input to and/or craft specialist points of view for the market and at industry events.
- A holistic view of cyber security whilst able to drill down into specific domains.
- Good understanding of Government security requirements such as Information Assurance Standards, Good Practice Guides and PSN.
- A broad understanding of information security methodologies, best practice and industry standards such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS, COBIT, GDPR, and ITIL.
- Can demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills.
Aptitudes and Attributes
- Prioritises tasks to achieve SLA’s, KPIs and contractual commitments, navigates the organisation as needed to ensure targets are achieved to the best of their ability.
- Ability to clearly articulate cyber security against business outcomes.
- Client facing experience, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Manages customer’s expectations effectively and can explain highly complex technical issues in “lay-man’s” terms.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
- A collaborative working style and evidence of being a team player.
- Demonstrates mutual respect for own and other team members.
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more