Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Service Asset & Configuration Manager to take overall responsibility for the management and maintenance of all Configuration Items (CI’s) that are required to deliver a service, including their relationships, across ALL client organisations in scope of the process.
Application Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the service asset and configuration management processes, including but not limited to;
- Configuration item and asset identification
- Configuration and asset control and recording
- Configuration and asset verification and audit
- CMDB / asset register maintenance
- Producing and acting upon management information, including SLA performance KPIs and reports to continually improve service quality
- Monitoring the effectiveness of service asset and configuration management and making recommendations for improvement
- Developing and maintaining the service asset and configuration management process where owned by Littlefish or providing input to client-side process owners if applicable
- Reviewing and auditing the service asset and configuration management process
- Ensuring that all IT teams follow the service asset and configuration management processes for every incident
- Acting as an escalation point for the client and in support to the Littlefish Service Delivery Manager or Head of Service Management Office
- Stay appraised of industry best practice and where applicable introduce as part of continuous improvement
- Input into Change Management, Continuous Service Improvement, Incident Management, Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management
- Acting as a deputy for the Service Delivery Manager / Head of Service Management
- Creation and maintenance of work instructions, knowledgebase articles and other operational documentation
- 1 to 3+ years’ experience and a proven track record in process level (Asset Management, Request, Incident, Problem etc.) management
- Business experience gained in Service Management and/or technical delivery roles, across a range of customers ideally in a Managed Services environment
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of working with asset management systems e.g. SNOW
- Experience and knowledge of working with Enterprise licence models
- Relationship building with mid-level members of an organisation – gaining trust and confidence from customers
- Ability to work as part of a team with a high degree of drive, determination and motivation to succeed
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Can demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills
- Undertaking or have undertaken specific service management training e.g. ITIL Foundation
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent)
- ITIL Foundation (or equivalent)
- Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
- ITIL Intermediate (or equivalent)
- SIAM Foundation (or equivalent)
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more