Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish is looking for an IT Service Desk Engineer to provide effective technical support and high levels of customer service to Littlefish clients.
The role will involve handling and resolving desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and basic network/server troubleshooting with administration. You will be required to communicate effectively with the client and manage technical queries in line with Littlefish standards and customer specific SLA’s.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar technical role, although candidates who can demonstrate a track record of fast paced learning may be considered.
This position has a rotating “4 on, 4 off” shift pattern, and will be based in our Nottingham headquarters.
Application Closing Date: 30th April 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support services to Littlefish clients. Resolve issues in a competent manner whilst communicating professionally with the customer and other members of the team.
- To prioritize, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements.
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. Service Transitions.
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity.
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with the business and personal needs.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting and supporting the following technologies – Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange 2010+, Active Directory, Windows Server, Enterprise Networking
- Previous experience within a 1st or 2nd line IT service desk or similar technical role.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Familiarity with the following software and technologies – MS Office Suite, Antivirus technologies.
- Ability to troubleshooting and support the following technologies: MAC OS, Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Powershell
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own work to meet tight deadlines
- Willing to undertake government security clearance and counter terrorism checks.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more