Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Solutions Architect to work as part of Enterprise Architecture Services team to design, cost and present technical solutions for delivery to existing and potential future customers. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and working as part of a team the role will involve working with external clients & vendors, along with internal Service Account Managers and Business Development Managers to deliver Customer Strategy sessions to help customers develop their IT Strategy and Roadmap.
This role is 50% remote and 50% based at a customer site in Stevenage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders from client and internal organisation to gather requirements associated to solution design and services
- To work with vendors and suppliers to establish a commercial basis for engagements
- The delivery of written technical solutions (with suggested pricing) for Customers as initiated by the Service Account Management and Business Development teams in a timely manner
- To provide architectural governance of solutions where authored by the Service Account Management, Business Development team or elsewhere
- The delivery of Customer Strategy sessions in conjunction with the Service Account Manager for our Customers to develop their IT strategy
- To act as the focal point to resolve technical design issues as they occur during the project delivery phase
- To liaise with the Professional Services teams to understand the effectiveness of the solutions provided and to understand if and how these can be improved
- Build deep relationships with senior client stakeholders to enable them with necessary understanding of solutions being proposed
- To work with the Chief Technology Officer to continually improve the standards and methodologies for the solutions architecture practice
- To work with the Chief Technology Officer to maintain awareness of industry and technology developments
- To work with the Chief Technology Officer and/or Operations Director to maintain and develop the Littlefish Commodity, Solution and Product portfolios
- To work to attain vendor accreditations as required by the business
- Act as a mentor to internal teams responsible for implementing and supporting new technologies as part of solutions developed
Skills & Competencies:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate architectural and design documentation
- Ability to deliver customer presentations in a professional and consultative manner
- Ability to manage a busy workload with hard deadlines within a busy team
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organisations at all levels
- Understanding of cloud automation and orchestration technologies
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience architecting systems built upon public cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/O365)
- 5+ years professional experience in IT services related field
- Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts such as platform availability, networking, security, authentication, virtualisation, and WAN technologies.
- Architecture related qualifications such as TOGAF/Zachman Framework
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect (MCSD)
- ITIL certified
- Project Management methodologies such as Agile/PMP/Prince 2
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more