Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a System Administrator to join our Infrastructure & Operations team in our brand new Sheffield office. As a System Administrator, your core function in the role will be general AD system administration, management of SCCM, application deployment, build management.
You will also be required to work with customers to facilitate user acceptance testing.
Application Closing Date: Friday 3rd January 2020
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and action requests for application deployment, (where necessary, discover, document and collate all relevant information to complete)
- Validate existing packages and import into SCCM, deploying the package and performing testing.
- Deploying applications using SCCM testing install and un install
- Perform further application testing to ensure it works with Windows 10 and Windows 7
- Liaise with testers, UAT groups as necessary to test applications
- Provide progress updates to SDMs, project teams and client teams when required
- Create and manage OS build images
- OS and application patch management
- Compliance reporting
- AD systems administration
Essential Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Deploying applications with SCCM current branch
- Windows build/image creation and management
- Desktop configuration (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences)
- Experience of working in and MSP or enterprise environment
- OS and application Patch management
- AD administration
- Scripting skills, specifically PowerShell
- Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Basic network understanding
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Administering and Deploying System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager
- MD-101T01 Deploying the Modern Desktop
- MD-101T02 Managing Modern Desktops and Devices
- MD-101T03 Protecting Modern Desktops and Devices
- Experience of application packaging
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment (Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016)
- AV event management
- Microsoft Intune and MDM
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish – where #PeopleMatter
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and modern breakout and entertainment facilities
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering entertainment and amenities and a kitchen/dining area with lots of space to make and eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.