Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a Tools & Automation Infrastructure Engineer to provide technical expertise and hands on skills in architecture, tooling and automation to Littlefish contract customers during and after transition or transformation projects.
This support will be based around the MS technology stack (including Azure) and network infrastructure.
In this role, the engineer will act as a technical escalation point for internal teams and customers, as well as providing input and guidance for technology roadmaps both internally and for Littlefish customers.
Application Closing Date: 31st July 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as technical authority in System Architecture, Tooling and Automation for Littlefish customers
- Act as technical escalation point and resource for transition and transformation project
- Act as escalation point and 3rd line support for System Architecture, Tooling and Automation
- Provide input into internal and external technology road maps
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to other team members in your areas of expertise.
- Play and active role in operational acceptance, defining standards processes and procedures.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Two years minimum experience in a similar role
- In-depth working knowledge of MS platforms with focus on SCCM, Intune, AD and Windows networking up to enterprise class
- Working with virtualization technology such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Docker or similar
- Implementing, managing, and supporting tooling solutions such as PRTG, SCOM, Operations Manager, OpenView, SolarWinds, Nimsoft, Avanti or similar
- Working with service management tools to manager changes, incidents, problems and requests
- 5+ years MS server/ AD
Other Desirable Experience, Key Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge supporting different Network Topologies, Protocols and Routing/Switching in local and wide area networking communications
- Backup technologies
- Implement and managing AV platforms
- Security principles
- Advanced understanding of IP networking fundamentals, telecommunications infrastructure and VoIP
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Security Check (SC)
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more