Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a modern and relaxed working environment, and a friendly, people focused culture.
With a reputation for delivering unprecedented service quality to a wide variety of household name clients, in both the private and public sectors, Littlefish is increasingly disrupting the Managed IT Services (MSP) and IT Outsourcing (ITO) market. Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Littlefish is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Littlefish are seeking a IT Transition Project Manager to manage the new customer transition process into Littlefish service desk and or Infrastructure support, working with the customer and their incumbent IT supplier to seamless transition the services to Littlefish. The successful candidate will bring experience of managing at least one IT Service Desk Transition.
This role is offered on a 6 month FTC basis.
Application closing date: Friday 28th February 2020
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing effective leadership for Littlefish service transitions to the customer
- Developing a relationship with the customer on a short to medium term basis
- Delivering against project milestones and outcomes, customer commitments and satisfaction measures
- Working effectively with the customer and internal delivery teams principally Service Account Manager, Service Desk Manager(s), Infrastructure & Operations Manager, Engineers
- Monitoring and improving levels of customer satisfaction on a project by project basis
People Management (as required)
- Providing effective tactical and project related advice, coaching and guidance to Field / On site staff, Service Desk agents, Service Management Office (ITIL), Infrastructure Engineers, System Administrators etc. with a focus on service design, implementation, configuration and operational acceptance into live services
- Ensuring effective resource management, influencing and identifying required resources within Operations and Professional Services and wherever possible forecasting ahead in a timely manner
- Managing and controlling contractual scope in relation to service deliverables and Littlefish compliance against the scope
- Managing and delivering the Profit and Loss of the project to agreed targets (when applicable)
- Supporting the development of the service delivery strategy – in collaboration with the Service Delivery Manager and other senior stakeholders
- Working across Operations to support the delivery of efficiencies in implementation methods, working closely with Operations management
- Supporting the new business process (as requested)
- Identifying and if necessary securing upsell opportunities
Delivery and Quality Control
- Supporting the effective transition of the services into BAU adhering to Service Transition Process
- Ensuring all relevant project products are created and maintained such as PID, RAID, project plan, communications plan, lessons learned etc
- Attending quality and project reviews and ensuring that these happen in accordance Littlefish guidelines
- Reviewing and approving key Project Management documentation for customer engagement folders
- Developing and publicising Service Transition Management best practice processes, procedures, guidelines and templates for the Littlefish Management System
- Populating and maintaining the Client Engagement Register including open actions, risks, issues, dependencies etc.
- Creating a vision for the client
- Challenging the status quo to bring about improvements in Service Transition Management tools, processes and the organisation
- Previous experience of working in a Transition manager role.
- Experience of an IT Service Desk Transition
- Working on client facing projects.
- Working with matrix team.
- Experience in using Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Exhibits commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Assesses risks effectively and the implications of his/her actions/advice to Littlefish and customer.
- Takes ownership willingly.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Manages customer’s expectations effectively.
- Can explain highly complex technical issues in “lay-man’s” terms
- Proficient fault finder and problem solver.
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Littlefish where #PeopleMatter
Littlefish is a recognised and fast-growing credible alternative to the ‘usual suspects’ in the IT Outsourcing (ITO) and Managed IT Service (MSP) market. And our reputation for providing industry-leading services as well as exceptional IT Careers is growing fast too.
In the past few years we have more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both our revenues and workforce, and we’ve got no intention of letting up. With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, we’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our award-winning business and to be part of our continued success as we create new IT jobs in Nottingham, Manchester and around the UK.
Our focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of our people. Our culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We provide breakout facilities within our office offering the latest in gaming technology, table tennis and lots of space to eat your lunch, socialise or just get away from your desk. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks, and we provide year-round fruit and refreshments that are freely available to everyone. In addition to the year-round free fruit and refreshments, we have subsidised vending machines, Pizza Fridays, frequent social evenings, charity events, a mid-summer all-staff family BBQ and, of course, the obligatory Christmas party!
We care strongly about the ongoing personal development of our people and created the Littlefish Academy, a structured training and development program that rewards you as you progress. The Academy provides you with the power to increase your salary (outside of any annual pay awards) through technical accreditation, and a focus on continual quality improvement. Plus, all Littlefish employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online educational platform which provides access to over 10,000 expert-led courses to help you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills.
We also run a variety of bonus schemes including an initiative called Starfish, that rewards those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their interactions with of our customers, with monthly prizes on offer for those who receive the most nominations.
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development– the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
- Bonus schemes– ‘Starfish’ and team bonuses reward those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
- Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more